Yep pretty much as easy as you described.  You may find that the fit is
tight enough that you need a punch or screw driver through the smaller hole
on the other side to push the pin out.

Ed Louchard at Zephyrwerks makes a great product and is willing to take
input on what you have currently, what you think you might want in the
future and then advise a solution.  Most of the time each sheave runs about
$50.

Take a look hear to see old, new, sheave box, and halyard knots
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1ZoN2qr4EMsHaj_tntLvoHcIwuCM_E4Gd

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+