A few years ago I replaced my batteries with Northstar? 31. They were rated
very high, we’re the heaviest #31s (lots of lead) and they claim to use only
‘virgin’ lead, not recycled lead, which they claim lasts longer. Came with a 2
or 3 year full replacement warranty with the remaining 3 or 2 years out to 5
years prorated. Expensive (~$300 each) but still going after almost 3 years.
I mostly club race so I can’t speak to cruising use. They are only on a charger
for a few hours before a race and have never purposely been drawn down
significantly.
YMMV
Charlie Nelson
1995 C&C 36 XL/kcb