Just a note about Awl Grip's Grip Tex non skid additive: A reason it is so
popular is that the beads are clear, so when the paint wears off the top of the
beads--which it will--you won't get the black dots like you will with other
"sands" or walnut shells. The paint color of the first coat will show through.

Andy
Formerly
C&C 40
Peregrine