Hello all,
We have a 1994 C&C 37/40+.  We've owned the boat for about a year.  The
halyards are badly faded from the sun, and we noticed an area where the core is
showing at the eye splice around the shackles.  The current halyards are
Sta-Set X.
We don't race, so super high-tech line is unnecessary, but that doesn't mean I
want have to re-tension the halyards when I'm sailing, either.

On my last boat (a C&C 27 MKIII), I tried the Sta-Set X 15 years ago or so, and
didn't like the feel, and I think I remember the line slipping in the clutches
as well.   That has not been the case on this boat, but the line is old...
I've seen some recommendations for NE Ropes VPC.

What do you recommend for halyards and why?
Thanks!
 Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+ "Astralis"Madeira Beach, FL 34677
(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net