Bruce,

Cannot help with Cajun as never used their lines.

Annapolis Performance Sailing has an informative website which might be helpful
to compare various rope types by application, materials and construction.

http://www.apsltd.com/line/sailboat-halyard-line-rope.html

Might be worth a look to find trade offs between stretch, weight, hand, and of
course $$.  If you have self tailing winches, be sure you do not downsize line
diameter too much that the self tailer jaws no longer hold the line.  Did that
on 1 halyard and it is a PITA to hoist a sail.

APS does have a rigging sale in January which is when I try to replace any worn
line.  Others have mention West Marine having a 1 day line sale every once in a
while, typically 40% off  - but the last one I saw was before WM started their
price matching program so they may not have any more of those 1 day sales…

Brian