 Subject: Stus-List Radar Reflector
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
 Cc: "robert" <robertabb...@eastlink.ca>
 Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2018, 6:25 AM

 A friend with a scientific
 background offered up an explanation of what
 'might' have happened to my radar
 reflector.

 He said
 "Did you ever put a plastic container that had a bit of
 metal
 left behind from the safety seal on
 its top edge in the microwave oven
 and hit
 'Start'.  A small piece of metal will make a big
 bang
 accompanied by a flash of fire.
 Radar waves and microwaves can be in
 the
 same gigahertz frequency range.  Maybe your reflector got
 hit by
 high power radar gigahertz waves
 from another vessel and exploded the
 same
 as that small piece of metal in a microwave oven."

 The most logical explanation I
 have heard ......and there was a large
 commercial vessel leaving the harbor when it
 exploded.....FYI

 Rob
 Abbott
 AZURA
 C&C 32
 -84
 Halifax, N.S.

 Thanks everyone for supporting
 this list with your contributions.  Each and every one is
 greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use
 PayPal to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray