I once replaced the impeller on my yanmar 3gm30 and when I put the plate back
on the pump it was not seated properly and the pump kept losing its prime. With
enough rpm s it would start pumping again only to lose its prime again on start
up. Might be worth checking. The plate must be air/water tight.
Gary KolcLiberty38' Mk 2

-------- Original message --------From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 5/30/18  4:43 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List problem getting the raw water flowing
I've had the tips of the impeller vanes wear off and combined with the set
which the vanes had taken the pump was unable to generate enough force to both
suck and blow unless I reved the engine.  This condition didn't cause any
perceivable problems until I was attempting to winterize and the level in the
jug just wouldn't go down.
If you haven't replaced the impeller lately.  Replace the impeller and get back
to us.
Josh Muckley S/V Sea Hawk 1989 C&C 37+Solomons, MD

On Wed, May 30, 2018, 1:47 PM Eric Frank via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>