From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Bruno Lachance via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:57:06 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Bruno Lachance
Subject: Re: Stus-List Touche' hydraulic backstay adjuster repair

I have to share my experience about backstay aduster. Two years ago, after the
unit completely release with no pressure in the middle of the Northumberland
straith,   I decided to send my navtec unit to Southshore in Ontario. They are
supposed to be the best around, I did not want to cheap on that and decided to
pay the big money to have it fixed by a pro.

But when I had the unit back, it was already leaking in the box... so I called
them and they told me to send them the unit again.I paid the shipping fees and
returned the unit. After a while it came back, "repaired" with a written note
saying that the rod was scored and that the unit will probably leak again in a
near future. Apparently it was not possible to polish it, but they did not feel
it was a good idea to call me before doing the temporary fix.

Well, thank you very much for informing me after I was something like 600 can $
out. ( repair plus shipping cost) Knowing that first, I would have never paid
to have it repaired, two times!! Was it scratched by them during the repair? I
will never know. But they did send me a "free" seal, you know the one that
everybody say they cost 50 cents. Yes I was and I am still a bit bitter about
it.

It still holds pressure for a while, but I have to pump it back often and fluid
leaks on the transom which is very annoying, and not safe.

I am thinking about replacing the whole thing with a cascading system. I lost
confidence in my navtec cylinder.

Almost everybody on this list seems to have luck with their repair, even when
done by the non navtec certified tech. Good for you, but I wanted to share that
it can be different when you try to repair a 1987 unit.

I wish you all the best with your unit, they are nice when they do work!

Bruno Lachance
Becassine, 33mkii
New Richmond, Qc.

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 28 juin 2018 à 09:41, Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List