At the airline I work for we wash turbine  engines in basicly the same fashion.
A turbo is a very simple version of a turbine engine.

Doug Mountjoy Rebecca Leah LF39 Port Orchard YC, WA.

-------- Original message --------From: Bill Coleman via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 7/19/18  11:12  (GMT-08:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Bill Coleman <colt...@verizon.net> Subject: Stus-List
Spraying soap into Yanmar turbo

I just read this in a Yanmar Manual:

6) Washing the Turbocharger Blower

When engine speed seems sluggish or the
exhaust color

poor, the blades of the turbocharger blower
may be dirty.

Wash the blower in the following manner.

1. Have ready blower wash (liquid detergent),
fresh

water, and a small pitcher.

Blower Wash (4L)

Parts Code:974500-00400

2. Put the clutch in neutral and run the
engine at high

speed (2500∼3000rpm).

3. Slowly pour approximately 50cc of blower
wash into

the turbocharger air intake over a period of
about 10

seconds.

4. After about 3 minutes, pour in
approximately 50cc of

fresh water in the same manner over a period
of about

10 seconds.

5. After operating the engine for about 10
minutes,

check the boost pressure and power output.

If there is no improvement after washing the
blower,

repeat the washing process several times.

If there is still no improvement consult your
local Yanmar

dealer.

This sounds kind of crazy, spraying soapy water and then water
into your intake –

Has anyone ever done this or know of anyone who has?

Bill Coleman

C&C 39 Erie, PA