I replaced my rudder (including the shaft) about 15 years ago and, later, found
out that the shaft wasn’t bent as I had though—the upper bearing had just
shifted.  Make sure your shaft is really bent before proceeding.  To do this, I
would try to realign the bearing just below the deck first.

I have seen rudders rebuilt by boatyards and I have seen one really screwed up.
 Make sure the person who makes the new rudder is experienced.  I would be very
hesitant with trying to straighten the shaft in place with heat and force—if
you tackle this make sure the yard is insured.

Bob

Bob Boyer
s/v Rainy Days
C&C Landfall 38 (Hull # 230)