Insurance is paying right?  Let them figure it out.  I would not have
considered the solution they suggest but if they have confidence then they
probably also have the experience to back it up.

If the company can't straighten it then you'll get a new rudder any way.

Josh Muckley
S /V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD