Interesting.  All parts of our backstay are rod, the double lowers and the
single upper.  The upper is a larger diameter (as you would expect).  Two
hydraulic rams, one each side.

Some of you have wire for the lower section?

Ken Heaton & Anne Tobin
S/V Salazar - Can 54955
C&C 37/40 XL - Hull # 67
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia