I've been the owner the 1976 C&C 24 Red Sky #102 since 7/1/2016.

Beginning in 1979, it was Don and Jean Wagner who introduced me to sailing
on their C&C 30 MKI Red Baron on the West River and Chesapeake Bay .  Don
and Jean, and their family where great to sail with and learn from.

When I took ownership of Red Sky she was setup for cruising and her sails
were well seasoned. But that did not stop us from quickly trying our hand
at racing.

Immediately in the fall of '16 did well.  Since then, we continue to finish
well and even have won a few.  Red Sky in morning, other sailors take
warning, Red Sky at night, is skipper's delight.

We are often the smallest and slowest yacht out there, so our motto is
attack from the back.  We are getting better at sailing to the boats
strengths.

She needed some TLC, which we have done.  We've  also setup Red Sky for
single and doublehanded racing.  New 3Di sails this year, too.

I plan to upgrade in the next year or so, leaving Red Sky for some who
wants to learn to race and overnight.  It is now a very tunable yacht.

It has brought lots of fun to our family and raises the spirit of my soul.

Cheers,

Doug Ellmore, Sr.