Edd,I used precision sails.  They have a sail loft in Canada but do overseas
sails.   You do the measurements for them.  Pretty easy to do.  I probably
spoke to them half a dozen times.  They double checked all the measurements
with the use of a photograph you take.  It all went really well.   They offer 3
lines of sail,  a 300, 400 and 500.  I went all out with the highest grade and
added all the bells and whistles.  I believe it ended up at $3600  the lowest
priced sail I think was $1400.  Right in line with Rolly tasker.
This year I got pricing on a new main sail.  One from Thurston sails, the local
quantum loft.  They do great work.   They wanted like $4200. I also got a price
from Neil pryde in CT. They were $2400 for apples to apples.  Of course they
made the existing sail and still had the info so the was no designing involved.
 Really nice guy too.  I finally just met him face to face here in Annapolis.
He ended up repairing my existing sail for like $500.
You always get good prices from boat show discounts.   Usually 15% from local
lofts.  I did that for the viking 33 and used Thurston for both head and main.
They were midway between Rolly and usual local loft prices after the boat show
discount.
There are also used offerings.   Porpoise sails comes to mind.  You just have
to match dimensions as best you can.  I used them on my first boat an O'day 22.
 I got a used head and be main.  The used sail was in amazing shape.  I have a
recent email from another used dealer I'll try and pull up and send over when I
get in front of a computer.

Thanks, Danny
-------- Original message --------From: Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 10/8/18  8:34 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Marek Dziedzic <dziedzi...@hotmail.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List New Genoa?

Edd,

When you get the sail, consider not using Sunbrella for the UV sun cover, but a
sacrificial strip of the sail cloth. I have it on my second jib and in both
cases it worked great. The first one lasted 10 years (and I sold
 the boat) and this one is on the 5 year and is not showing any signs of
deterioration. The only issue might be that it would be white and not colour
coordinated with the rest of your boat.

But the sail flies much better. The Sunbrella cover is quite heavy and in
lighter air it weighs the sail down.

As for the source, I heard a lot of good things about Rolly Tasker. However, in
the absence of a local sail loft here, I went with the second best - a small
sail loft where you can talk to the sail maker on the phone.
 I used Somerset Sails in NY (they are outside of Buffalo, kind of, across the
Lake from us).

Their quality is quite good, you can talk to the sailmaker and discuss all
potential options. The sail is completely custom made, so you don’t need to
take any compromise. Not to mention that their prices are VERY competitive.

In any event, it is worth its while to do some serious shopping around. You
will be surprised how different lofts are priced. Also, especially, if you are
planning to order form away, triple measure the sails (actually,
 your boat). The actual dimensions have very little in common with what is
published and with what the sailmakers have in their files (e.g. my new Main is
almost a foot longer in the luff).

Good luck with your search

Marek
Ottawa, ON