Chris — I’ll chime in in favor of the 30mkI, having owned a 1981 for several
years before we moved up to our Landfall 38.  The 30 was my first boat, and I
was worried about single-handing her; when I first came aboard, it seemed
enormous!  But learning on that boat was a joy; it really took care of me, and
I was always sure of its ability to handle weather.  These, along with the
additional space down below, are, I think, really good reasons for you to
consider a 30 over a 26 or 27.  I think you’d be happier in the end.

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis