From: Sid via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 13:30
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Sid
Subject: Stus-List Rain Water & bilge pump questions

Good Afternoon,

I have a 1980 C&C 24ft. Sailboat.
We had some heavy rain a couple times last couple weeks.

There is a board inside the cabin on the floor the covers the keel. It fills up
with water when it rains.
The boat has a manual pump in cockpit close to the stern of the boat that I use
to pump out that water but it does not pump out the water in the holes in the
cockpit.
There are two holes that the rain water goes in to in the cockpit. I can access
the space below the cockpit via the right locker. I can see a U shape pipe the
two holes connect to and that pipe goes inside the bottom of the hull.  This
past storm there was so much rain that the keel hole filled up the floor had
1/8 inch of water on it.

I notice that when I manually pump out the water in the keel that the water in
the cockpit pipe it did not pump that out.

1. is it normal to get water in the keel after it rains?
2. anyone know how the water leaves the boat when it rains in the cockpit?
3. where to install a bilge pump that turn on automatically to pump out the
water?
4. how / where to run the bilge pump pipe to?
5. does to cockpit water goes to the keel hole in the cabin? I am assuming no
the way the pipe leave the hull below the cockpit.

Thank You
Sidney