Speaking of Whale pumps, a lot of C&Cs came equipped with a Whale foot pump
attached to the drain hose for the icebox.  The pump drains the icebox water to
the galley sink instead of the bilge.  On my 34, we disconnected the pump and
just ran the hose to the bilge.  A prior owner did the same thing on my 42.
I’ve wondered why C&C decided to make the icebox drain more complicated.  Was
it to keep certain things (like milk, for example) out of the bilge, or was
there some other reason?

to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray