Finding a plastic pump with matching bolt pattern is the challenge.  I
think there are a few.  There's also the issue of freeze protecting a
plastic pump which may or may not be an issue.

Yes, they are expensive but a Whale Gusher may just save you and your boat.

BTW, I routinely flush my Gusher with dock water and leave it with dock
water in it as opposed to leaving salt or brackish water in it for long
periods.

Dennis C.