I use this method to siphon gas from 5 gallon cans into my tractors.  I use a clear 1/2" tygon tube for the fuel transfer and a piece of 1/4" line to pressurize.  I can drain the full can into the tank.  I set the gas can up on top of the tractor fuel tank.

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #028, "Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan
WLYC