From: Dreuge via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 4:11 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Dreuge
Subject: Re: Stus-List Filling diesel tank

Hi,

Like many have pointed out, the shaker siphon is great.   You only need to try
it once to be convinced.  This is especially true filling up offshore.  As for
water eliminating funnels, like a Mr Funnel, don’t use them at the boat, use
them at the pump. That way you get the best of both.

I also recommend tossing out standard filler caps, new and old, that come with
diesel cans.   These filler caps are not only a PITA to use, they are weak and
will starting leaking sooner rather than later.    I use EZ-Pour solid base
caps.  A fuel jug will break or split a seam before it leaks from these caps.
At about $4 a cap, there is no reason not purchase a few.  Here is a link below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NB3UUDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C Landfall 38