From: Dennis C. via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2018 11:54
To: CnClist
Cc: Dennis C.
Subject: Re: Stus-List abrasion on halyard

Depends on which furler you have.  If you have a Harken MKIII, the trim caps
are notorious for "disappearing".  It is just a vinyl cap which slides over the
top of the extrusion (Harken #870).  Later Harken furlers use a split insert
which goes around the fore stay into the extrusion.

Some riggers bend the "ears" of the extrusion inward after installation.  Then
they wrap electrical or rigging tape around the top of the extrusion annually.
I replace the trim cap on Touche' every so often and wrap it heavily with tape.
 To do that on an existing furler, I have to cut the trim cap to slide it over
the fore stay.

Dennis C.