My version of this is to use two ascenders on a tight line, one with two foot loops attached, and the other attached to a bosun's chair. I also have a halyard attached directly to the bosun's chair.  While my wife keeps tension on the halyard, I alternately step up using one hand and two feet, then slide the other ascender w/chair up, and then back to the foot loops, and repeat.  That way I do most of the climbing work but have the comfort of the chair, with the safety of the second halyard.

Neil Gallagher
Weatherly 35-1
Glen Cove, NY