Hi David,
I had my Girlfriend winch me up on a halyard using a bosun's chair, but I
also wore a climbing harness with an ascender on a second halyard purchased
from MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-Op). The ascender will slide up a line, but
will not slide back down unless you hit a trigger switch.
Here is video I made showing this gear and my climb to the top:

https://youtu.be/_r2UgaEk0jE

Someone told me after the fact that I should have tied the halyard to my
bosun's chair instead of using the metal release clip which have been known
to fail...

Dan
Breakaweigh
C&C44