Gentlemen,
     I must admit that I always intend to take lots of pictures to record
my progress, then fail to do it because I am so focused on the goal that I
forget the record keeping.  I will try to do better.  I have set up a
Google Drive folder with a few picture to start here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nAwqpQNBAmweOAqNtsxQC91Tzfh8QNV0?usp=sharing>.
Keep coming back as I add more (when the weather clears).  Meanwhile, the
rudder is out and hanging in my garage.  The bearings show significant wear
in the longitudinal direction and less in transverse.  There appears to be
no other significant damage.  My next project is to get the bearings out.
The bearings are (nominally) 3" ID 4.125" OD.  The top bearing is 2.5 "
long and the bottom is 3.0".  My next step is to remove the bearings.  I'm
hoping to pull them with a slide hammer puller, but will probably have to
cut them out.  The bearings are made out of Delrin (acetal plastic).  Once
out I will make new ones (having a lathe helps a lot).  More to come.

Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+
East Greenwich, RI, USA