4000 lbs of load on a 30 ft. C&C?  On what do you base this?Sorry if I seem
incredulous...Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Michael Brown via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 11/9/18  5:54 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Michael Brown <m...@tkg.ca> Subject: Re: Stus-List
Shackle for Genoa Sheets? I am using the Tylaska #8 J-Locks with a core
dependent eye splice.The sheets gets loaded over 4000 pounds but I have not had
an issue.The lock will open under load and we have done sail changes inhigh
winds without having to tack or de-power.They may have more appeal for racing
where a bowline weakens theload value of the line and sail changes in inclimate
weather always seemsto be part of the fun. Not for everyone but they do
work.Michael BrownWindburnC&C 30-1