Hi Dwight:

I have enough 'fun' with the boat since hauled....I don't need another one if not really necessary.....I have cleaned the bottom down to the barrier coat...when the boat was hauled some the paint was flaked and lifted, so I started wet sanding with 40 grit aluminum oxide sandpaper, then I pulled out a putty knife, then a scrapper and finally a tungsten carbide scrapper.

I swore I would never do a bottom and here I did mine the past few weeks.  I painted my bottom last Fall, first time I had done that....don't think the old paint was dry enough to accept the new paint....not sure but I didn't like what came out of the water this Fall.  Other than under the pads, the bottom is stripped and now sanded smooth.

Rob

On 2018-11-18 4:12 p.m., dwight veinot via CnC-List wrote:
I would say in your case robert not very often. Check the freezing point around here if its -20c or below good to go. Only other thing is depletion of corosion inhibitors i would also say your antifreeze is good on that. I use Prestone conc and dilute to 50/50 with distilled water. I had to replace my heat exchanger and my fresh water pump so i used a fresh mix to fill then. I have never changed coolant in any vehicles i owned. Very seldom did our lab see a need to change this in naval systems either. But it’s cheap so if you want some fun go for it