Try mixing a solution of 50% acetone - 50% automatic transmission fluid and apply that to your seized seacock....use a Q Tip to apply the solution.....don't get it on the hull or don't leave it there.....this solution is the best I have used for seized metals.

My cockpit scupper hoses are crossed, as they should be when the thru hulls are below the waterline line....no water back up into the cockpit on a same tack unless your thru hull(s) is in a different position(s) than mine.

That's a grease cup on your rudder tube....if it works, you unscrew the cup, fill it with grease, screw back on and twist tight to force the grease into the shaft.....have someone turn your wheel from side to side to draw in the grease and turn again and again.....you will get to a point where it doesn't want any more grease .

If the cup is too badly corroded, leave it tap and drill a new fitting to screw a grease gun to the shaft tube .....it will work just as good.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 -#277
Halifax, N.S.

On 2018-12-30 12:17 a.m., sender via CnC-List wrote:
I bought earlier this year a C&C 32.  One issue the surveyor pointed out is the seacocks for the cockpit drains are stuck in the open position.  This boat has spent it's known history in cold salt water on the west coast of BC.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has had this same type of seacock, and had success freeing it up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xp1haN2nPHUneETUA

The starboard side one is only barely accessible through the 12"x 12" panel in the aft end of the quarter-birth.  If it was reasonably accessible, I'd just replace it, but to get 2 hands on it I'd probably have to go through the locker and remove the fuel tank.

The other pic is a fitting on the rudder tube.  I assume this is (well, was) a grease cup.  Has anyone taken one of these on?

Thanks,
Eric
C&C 32 Sirocco 2