Hi Shawn,

The ad identifies her as a 35 mk-2 and only $30,000.

Nice set-up for extended B.C. coastal cruising with solar panels, water maker and Solent jib. The Solent jib is a good choice for short-handed cruising but a PITA for tacking the genoa if it can't be moved aft (not practical with the furler on it). The dodger is okay and most coastal cruiser like them. I don't as a personal preference (mostly 'cause they're ugly and impair good visibility while sailing.

No stability issues with any of that, or the big honking anchor on the bow. And you will sleep well in a blow. :)

The older marinized VW diesels are known for cracked head issues but since it is only operating at 50% load at max (check the prop size) it likely doesn't get hot enough to suffer at the head, but continuos running at low load can lead to carbon buildups (sticky rings & valve problems).

For a well found cruiser that appears ready to go I think $30 grand is a bargain.

        Cheers, Russ
        ex-Sweet, 35 mk-1