Many races also have specific requirements around the size of scuppers vs.
cockpit volume.
________________________________
From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of Dennis C. via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: January 4, 2019 2:12:27 PM
To: CnClist
Cc: Dennis C.
Subject: Re: Stus-List Cockpit scupper drains - stories version

Be interesting to plug them, fill the cockpit with a few inches of water and
see how fast they drain.  I'm guessing marine architects have guidelines for
how big the flow area for scuppers has to be for a certain area of cockpit.
ABYC may even have such a guide.

My point is if there were originally 4 thru hulls and now only
2.........................

Dennis C.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 3:57 PM Don Kern via CnC-List

Dwight

Same here.  The aft cockpit valves were removed and the aft scuppers were T'ed
to the forward valves.  When I was getting the bottom of the boat ready for
paint I could make out the where they had been.  It was most likely done at the
factory as Fireball was campaigned by C&C in the 1975 SORC series.

Don Kern
Fireball C&C 35 MkII
Bristol, RI