Josh was correct in that PEX and QEST are different and my experience was with
the QEST piping originally supplied on my boat.  It leaked quite frequently
over the early years and, unless you live aboard like we do, you would probably
never notice it.  We noticed it through the cycling of the fresh water pump.

Throughout the many years I’ve owned my boat, I relocated (and replaced) the
fresh water pump from its original location under the galley sink to a place in
the engine compartment aft of the quarter berth—mostly to cut down on pump
noise.  In this location it is more likely to freeze in cold weather but as
I’ve mentioned previously we avoid being subjected to cold weather.

I completely agree with the notion that any piping system other than simple
hoses and hose barb connections are over-engineered unless your boat never
leaves very far from your home base.  If you cruise, being able to make your
own repairs is very important.

Bob

Bob Boyer
s/v Rainy Days
C&C Landfall 38 (Hull # 230)
(Presently in Charleston SC for the winter)
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com
email: dainyr...@icloud.com