I have a 135% and use it most days alone most days without the main.....I am now a lazy sailor.

I was specifically talking about downwind with a following sea. Downwind with a following sea in +20 knots, its the main alone for me.  Last Summer, I came in from about 8 miles out in this exact condition, 25 knots true with a 3' following sea....too much sail with the jib unfurled and me single handed sailing....rolled it up, main only doing 5.8 to 6.1 knts on the GPS....boat is well balanced, under control.

My traveler is on the cabin top in front of the companionway.....my fingers are never going to get injured......my boom end is just to the front of the binnacle and I am not going to get hit in the head trimming from behind the binnacle.

Remember, not discussing going upwind.....downwind in heavy air and following sea.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.

On 2019-03-19 3:29 p.m., Don Kern wrote:
Rob,

When I am out for a cruise I will use my roller furl only - upwind, reaching and downwind. A lot less hassle and i am not worried about someone losing their head to the boom or fingers to the main traveler.  The roller furl is 140% and most importantly the helm is balanced going upwind.  Main only, the boat is a dog upwind.

Don Kern
Fireball, C&C35 Mk2
Bristol, RI