From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bruce
Whitmore via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:28 AM
To: CnClist; Josh Muckley
Cc: Bruce Whitmore
Subject: Stus-List Genoa track leaking on a '94 37/40+, can't seem to access
underside?

Hello all,

I saw a while back that Josh Muckley had taken off and rebedded his port side
Genoa track, and had tightened the port side, in both cases eliminating leaks.
I have a slight leak as well, and tried some Captain Tolley's in the short
term, and it helped but did not eliminate the issue.  I'd like to deal with it
more permanently.  The issue is, I cannot seem to find where to access any of
the nuts on the underside.  I've looked in the cabinets, etc.  Included are
links to a couple photos.  In the last photo, you can see where the track is
mounted immediately outside the fixed port, and from there, looking at the
inside you can see where, if the nuts were going to be accessible, they should
be immediately behind the wood "rail" that shields the small light above the
fridge.

View of fridge and galley
area.jpg<https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hovy6tapdb9i8m/View%20of%20fridge%20and%20galley%20area.jpg?dl=0>
View of underside of Genoa
track.jpg<https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hukh2d9qel3o5a/View%20of%20underside%20of%20Genoa%20track.jpg?dl=0>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lws3x9cz1lfw7as/View%20through%20fixed%20port%2C%20starboard%20side.jpg?dl=0

Any ideas?

I could try simply tightening them from the top, but I'd be concerned about
spinning the nut on the underside and tearing up the sealant that is there,
making the leak worse.

Looking forward to your insights,

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+ "Astralis"