Make sure the cables are aligned so that they aren't rubbing on the
quadrant. Then lube the cable, chain and turning blocks with motor oil.
There should also be a delrin washer around the rudder post, under the
collar that keeps the rudder from falling down. You said you don't have a
grease cup, but try looking again. It looks like a small tuna fish can,
mounted on the forward side of the fiberglass surrounding the rudder post.
It should be filled with grease, and when you turn the cap, it forces the
grease around the rudder post.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC