From: Bruno Lachance <bruno_lacha...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:07 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Offshore boat - lost in translation/ now buy the
freaking boat!

Shawn,

Yes the CS36 T is a very good boat, built like a tank and a very descent
performer in its deep draft version. The 27 is a good 27 but not as fast as a
C&C and the CS30 is a nice option compared to a C&C 29 mkII, but not in the
league of the CS36 in my opinion.

But the 36 T hold their value quite well and I would be surprise that you find
a good one in your budget.

I have been following your journey here with interest. You remind me of myself
when I was looking to find my first boat in 2008. You want to make a good
choice, you don't want to make a mistake, I'm sure you spend long hours reading
stuff all night, you seem highly interested in everything sailing but also seem
really anxious about the process. It's normal. At this point I would go back to
Mike Hoyt post few days ago. Your budget is low and you won't find a perfect 35
ft at that price. So you must establish your priorities my friend. Some people
here told you to get a smaller cheaper boat that is sail away ready. That's a
very valid option to consider. But you seem to know that you want a "bigger"
boat. So if you think the 35-2 is right for you, stop overthinking it and buy
the freaking boat! It won't be perfect, no boat is perfect! Even if you find
one that looks good and is more expensive, trust me you will find things that
need to be fixed or upgraded. These are old boats. At least, if you know you
want a 35-36 footer, the time and money you will put in your new toy will not
be lost. As is if you get a 27-29 ft boat, you will still have to put $ in her
and in 2 years, when you decide to upgrade, you will never get that $ back.
Instead you will have an old 27-29 ft boat for sale and back to square one
looking for the right 35-2.

My advice, if the 35-2 you are looking has good bones, the rig looks good, the
sails are ok, buy it! You seem to have spent enough time evaluating that boat
and doing your homework so you should know. Then do like the rest of us and
plan for a yearly maintenance and upgrade budget of a few boat bucks. It's how
it works, there is no special trick to it and no unicorn ! So between paying 19
000 or 21 500$, it does not really matters if you like the boat. Welcome to
boat ownership!

Hope that helps. Sometimes we just need a little push to go forward.

Good luck

Bruno Lachance
C&C 29 mkII from 2008 to 2011 that I sold to get our 33-2. Never looked back!
Bécassine
New Richmond, Qc

Envoyé de mon iPad