From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stephen
Thorne via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2019 7:34 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Stephen Thorne <stephenltho...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Stus-List C&C as offshore boat?

I agree with Josh on all points.  When I bought Deja Vu' I intended to sail
offshore on certain races but with most of the time local sailing & racing on
Lake Ponchatrain and the Gulf Coast area.  We ended up doing a lot more
offshore sailing that originally planned and for the most part she proved to be
more than capable to handle the rigors of open ocean sailing.  One of many
things about the boats performance that stood out was maintaining almost
perfect balance and steering control in large following seas.  Because of deep
rudder? we all marveled at how much control we had at helm, boat never felt out
of control.  This was always helpful and especially sailing 145-155 degrees in
20' rolling seas where we didn't want to go to the bottom of a wave trough
under speed not being able to pivot. <<< Otherwise we might have renamed her
"Nautilus" ;) >>>>

If I had been looking for a boat specifically to go cruising for long extended
periods to far off shores I would not have chosen a C&C, not because the boat
couldn't handle it but because I would want more creature comforts.  Our
sailing now will mostly be on Lake Lanier, but we still have Deja Vu' and all
those great off shore adventures in our memories.

Steve Thorne
S/V Deja Vu'
C&C 34/36+
Atlanta, GA
t the list - use PayPal to send contribution --