That sounds like the little tar-balls that BP made by the billions in the gulf.

Maybe they will dissolve over time.

Bill Coleman

C&C 39 Erie, PA

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Charlie
Nelson via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:59 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: cenel...@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Fuel filter maintenance stories

Speaking of fuel issues, I recently drained my Racor MA 500 (?) fuel/water
separator and replaced the filter element. The bottom of the bowl had what
looks like several black 'balls' in it about 1/2" in diameter which do not fit
thru the drain.

I have no clue what they are but guess maybe some compound made from diesel
fuel (or contaminants within it). Without disassembling the unit, I don't know
how to get them out or dissolved or whether I need to. This Racor is almost
impossible to reach in my engine compartment so whatever I do will be a PITA.

Any suggestions on what to do--if anything?

Charlie Nelson

Water Phantom

1995 C&C 36 XL/kcb