Hi Luke,

If you're 33-2 is older than '86, you probably have the C&C extrusion and
Klacko in Ontario should be able to help you with a solution. If ´86 or newer,
the mast would be an Offshore spar.

The furler is slower because it takes some time to furl the sail opposed to
pull the sock down. Pure racers would not used any of those, but for
recreational I doubt there is a difference. Depending of the furler, it could
be more complicated to be able to adjust the tack line, mine is fixed on a
Facnor.

The furler will always furl, torque rope quality is important here. But if you
want a "clean" furl that will then unfurled properly, you need to uses it of
caution and keep some tension on the sheet. Not problem cruising, but For more
heated situation at a mark rounding, not always ideal. The sock will do the job
quickly, unless it is jammed, but with a good one like an ATN, it's very
unlikely to happen if handled properly.

Hope that helps.

Bruno Lachance
Bécassine,33-2