Best to disconnect all the battery cables both positive and negative, clean
them and reconnect them.  Get yourself some Ultra Safety Systems TefGel (
https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=546)
and coat the connections with it.  Clean both ends of the cables.

Like Fred said, measuring voltage is only part of the story.  You're really
looking for current.  A corroded connection may show adequate voltage but
may be incapable of passing enough current to start your engine.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA