For what it's worth, I use non synthetics oils and I wouldn’t think of not
change the filter with each oil change. When I installed the new engine in my
40 two years ago I asked the mechanic about using synthetic oil and was told
absolutely not! For the reasons already explained here.

Andy

Andrew Burton
139 Tuckerman Ave
Middletown, RI