Chuck, thanks ever so much for the excellent article on the Universal
diesel engine harness upgrade.  Alianna has an M4-30 which has exactly
the engine panel shown in the photo and the wiring harness is also as
described.  I have noticed a low charging voltage so I removed the
alternator and had it shop tested only to find out it was working
properly.  Now I know more about the source of the problem and
rewiring that system will be first on my to do list next spring.  The
instructions in the article make it seem like I should be able to do
this myself.  I also noticed that when starting the motor my chart
plotter, if on, always turns off and then restarts...I am hoping that
fixing this dangerous wire harness issue will resolve that problem
too.
Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS