I'm in the middle of this project. I was planning on doing the new plywood/fake teak and holly thing, but last year something happened that changed my mind. While doing a different project, I spilled some acetone on a floorboard that caused the varnish to peel. I decided to fix that one board for the season. I took it home, stripped the old varnish, scrubbed it with some oxylic (sp.) acid/water solution, let it dry, lightly sanded, sealed the bottom and ends with West System, and covered the surface with two coats of Minwax satin varnish. It's not perfect, but it looks so good that I have abandoned my original plan and am going to restore all the other boards in the same manner.

-----Original Message----- From: Nathan Post via CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2019 9:14 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Nathan Post
Subject: Re: Stus-List Cabin Sole resurfacing

I managed to salvage the teak and holly floor on my boat with a bunch of sanding and then revarnishing. I glued the plywood back together where it was delaminating near the edge and ended up sanding through the the holly stops near a few edges where it was in rough shape but it still looks pretty good and has been very functional. Depending on how bad it is you might want to try just salvaging what is there.

- -
Nathan Post
S/V Wisper
1981 C&C 34
Lynn, MA

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions. Each and every one is greatly appreciated. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to send contribution -- https://www.paypal.me/stumurray