Thanks for the replies, sounds like I can use either 3/8" or 1/4". I'm
going with 3/8" (9mm) for the extra strength and so it will be flush with
the exterior hull surface. The actual sizes from Acrylite are in mm, I just
measured in inches out of habit.

I have one window pulled now (it came out quite easily, fortunately, after
thrubolts were removed). The prep / cleanup looks like it's going to take a
long time, as expected but maybe a bit worse than expected. This plexus
stuff is a *pain*.

On the surface closest to the old window was a black rubbery sealant, which
comes off easily, but below that is some kind of black / brown hard epoxy.
>From prior threads (
http://cnc-list.com/pipermail/cnc-list_cnc-list.com/2015-February/073099.html )
I understand this is a methacrylate adhesive, aka Plexus (the brand name).
Robert H in the prior thread decided to just fair over it, which I may have
to do as well in some places.

Another thread that discusses the Plexus headache is by Gary Russell -
http://cnc-list.com/pipermail/cnc-list_cnc-list.com/2015-December/080369.html
His experience was a bit different though (he had a very hard time
separating the old acrylic from the Plexus), which makes me think maybe our
windows have been previously replaced, and a sealant was used on top of the
Plexus. It sounds like he used a router or RotoZip to cut off the plexus.

We shall see (this will take a while).

-Patrick