Not Coast Guard approved, but I used to do some interesting trips on a 19’ Cape
Dory Typhoon, with an English Seagull outboard.  We used a couple one gal red
plastic fuel cans, and then filled a couple bicycle water bottles with fuel,
for daily use.  It was easier to squirt in a little fuel when needed, than
fight even the one gal. fuel tanks which always made a mess.  Epic fun trips on
the old boat. . .

Pulled into Friday Harbor early, and Arnold marched into the office and
announced he’d be filling his starboard tanks, slapping down his gold amex
card.  The fuel boy came trotting down to the boat, just as I put the one gal.
tanks on the dock, glared at me and said fill them yourself!

Ha!

Lee Youngblood & Kathleen Davis
s/v Simplicity, a 1974 C&C 35-II
Shilshole / Seattle