Joe,

If you decide to install an AC, get with me.  My buddy and I have installed
several.  I can help.  I have a big discharge grill in the bulkhead facing
aft.  It kicks butt!  See:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKsuB3RRvXKwDvroCNPyUGejBHdXvZm3

The AC tucks into the aft half of the hanging locker.  I can still hang
foulies in the forward half.  See:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lWf8L9nDBbO4ywBHMV_YekwcRd7MiLJb

Yes, a Y- splitter is what you need.  It is shown at the top of the 6 inch
ducting exiting the unit. I have a 3 or 4 inch round vent forward and the
big grill in the bulkhead facing aft.  It has a damper that proportions
flow fore/aft.

I can maintain mid 70's in the 90+ degree heat here.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA