My nav PC still works at age 22, which in computer-years is like being a 300 year old human, but it has always been a power hog at around 3.5 amps or so. I decided to see how low I could go and ordered a used Dell Chromebook from FleaBay for $45. These little things run forever on small batteries, so I am assuming I will be using much less current than before. First step after it arrives is getting Chrome off of it and Linux Mint onto it. I will then load up OpenCPN and FLDIGI and put it on the boat and see how it does.

If it works out I will probably add a much larger display for times when saving electricity is not important.

Joe

Coquina

C&C 35 MK I Kent Island MD USA