From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bill Coleman
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2020 3:47 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Bill Coleman <colt...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Stus-List Stuffing box leak rates

Jeeze Charlie,

This really surprises me.    If I thought I had forgotten to leave my bilge
pump on, I wouldn’t be able to sleep till’ I got up and went down and turned it
on!
Couldn’t you just check all your electrical connections to the pump, make sure
it is fused properly, and whatever else would make you feel comfortable?  I
have never heard of a bilge pump causing a fire, but I know Boat US states that
around 70 to 80 % of their major claims come from a boat sinking or flooding at
the dock or on mooring.

I have had the PYI system for 23 years, and can’t imagine going back to a
dripping seal . . .

Bill Coleman
Erie PA