Hello Edd from snowy Michigan.  I added a Navpod to my helm station last
year. Also installed new (taller) guard, chrome binnacle support/spreader,
primed and painted the old black, nasty faded pedestal white, and added new
decals...along with rebuilding the brake and lubing up the steering chain
and cables/pulleys.
There were two grommeted enter/exit holes in the front of the binnacle
where I snaked the wires from my Ray Axiom9 and auto pilot control head
through the guard, down to just below the compass, to exit the guard tube
and into the binnacle.  From there, running the wires down the binnacle and
into the port aft locker was easy.
I also really needed a compact drink holder in front of the helm, so I made
one out of PVC board and old smoked plexiglass left over from changing out
the cabin sidelights.  The drink holder effectively hides the wires with a
carefully field-engineered-placed receiver for my cockpit table (see where
the two horizontal boards are close together-the wires are tucked in
between), and also holds a cellphone or two along with up to 4 cold
beverages. (Bell's Oberon is the official boat beer of the summer;-).
Lastly, I velcro-ed the winch handle pockets to the sides.  Unobtrusive,
compact and functional.  We like it, at least.  I hope this pic works:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xB1maiJ8WTGEDuTf8

*Chuck Saur*

517 490-5926 Cell