Despite the extra cost, I am starting to like the idea of an electric.  I also
found this motor: EP Carry (https://www.electricpaddle.com/index.html).  It is
made in the US, slightly cheaper and lighter than the Torqeedo but otherwise
seem functionally equivalent.  A bit less high tech and less cool factor (no
integrated USB charger or charge display).  One thing I think I like is that
the battery pack is separate and connects with cable to motor.  So moving the
motor from dinghy to C&C is two light packages (14 pounds and 6 pounds with the
battery in a floating case).  For normal use, I would simply bring the battery
pack home each time and recharge it.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT