Hi Josh,

I had a bear of a coupling removal last fall on the project boat.

We did all the usual things first (heat, bolts with strongback & socket, swearing, more swearing & sweating). Lots of peering at it with lights and a mirror too.

Anyhow, got a Porta-Power rig from work with a fabbed 4 bolt strongback (1/2" thick) and jacked it off (with heat again). Found out we had missed a set screw under the crud which was cleared up with Emery cloth so it looked smooth. :)

I used mineral wool insulation to protect the hull & sensitive areas form the torch flame.

        Cheers, Russ
        ex-Sweet 35 mk-1
        current is Williams Atkins design Margery Daw