Our 35-2 has plenty of creaks but she still feels tough. I understand the
grid reinforcement that C&C and most others switched to in the late
70s/early 80s is responsible for a lot of the stiffness of the later boats.
In our case, the tangs holding the top of the forward bulkheads to the deck
were removed by a previous owner, so the plywood now floats in the liner
grooves, which I think is where most of the creaks originate. I do wonder
if the boat would creak less if those tangs were still in place. I suspect
they leaked, and that is why they were removed. I'm curious how the later
boats deal with the connection between bulkheads and the deck/liner, and if
there is any way to improve things on ours.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com